1. There’s an old saying that “you can’t really understand a person’s experience unless you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.”
2. Well, more than 300 guys at the University of Georgia accepted the challenge of walking a mile in women’s heels to take a stand against rape and sexual assault on campus.
3. 10 UGA Fraternities participated in the event, along with many other campus organizations and community members.
14. Many participants made posters to show why they were willing to literally walk a mile in high heels.
19. The mile-long walk through UGA’s campus was led by the Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention Student Group.
33. After everyone crossed the finish line, awards were given out for multiple categories.
39. But every guy willing to step up and speak out against sexual assault is a winner in our eyes. Go Dawgs!
All Photos Courtesy of Nat Roe Photography
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- According to the World Bank, a child born in 2014, on average, will live for more than 71 years.