1. Fans across the U.S. gathered at bars and house parties to cheer on Team USA in their match against Portugal on Sunday. Up by a point with only 30 seconds left in the game, USA fans thought a win was inevitable. But they were very, very wrong.
2. The game ended in a 2-2 draw, after Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo’s perfect cross to Varela resulted in a goal as USA fans were preemptively celebrating a win. Key word: preemptively.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.