1. When people ask why you’re so shy, you tend to go like this:
2. Even though you feel like this:
“I DON’T KNOW!! I can’t control it!!”
3. People assume you’re a bitch/snob just because you don’t like to socialize.
Even thought you’re just scared to death of people. And talking. And people talking.
4. When you were younger, the words “pick a partner” or “present your project to the class” were terrifying.
(Not to mention embarrassing.)
5. But you managed to get through it.
6. Sometimes you feel a bit claustrophobic around big crowds of people you’ve never met.
7. “Just don’t be shy!”
Like it’s that easy.
8. When you have a crush on someone, you flirt with them by using awkward eye contact and creepy stares.
Because trying to talk to them would be torture.
9. When you do talk, you can’t find the right words to say and immediately make everything awkward.
10. You are able to make true friends because they take the time to get to know you.
11. When you finally do get comfortable with other people, you become a whole new person.
12. You try to become social at times, just to seem “fun” and “happy.”
And you fail miserably.
13. Little things like ordering take-out or calling someone one the phone is scary.
14. When someone tells you, “Smile! You look so serious all the time.”
Sorry if me not smiling is affecting your own happiness.
15. People tell you that you’re a great listener, when sometimes you don’t care and just can’t add to the conversation.
And you feel bad about it.
16. Introductions are both awkward and embarrassing.
17. Sometimes you feel invisible, and that you can’t do anything about it.
18. But you know you’re awesome.
19. Stay amazing, shy ones!
- More than 700 refugees and migrants are feared dead following three shipwrecks in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Dozens were arrested at a Donald Trump rally in San Diego as protesters clashed with supporters. Trump thanked police for "handling the thugs."
- The World Health Organization has dismissed calls to postpone or cancel this summer's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro because of the Zika virus.