1. Everywhere you go in the South, people are super polite and friendly.
2. There is Waffle House.
3. People buy groceries in stores with names that rhyme.
4. People walk and talk more slowly.
5. In the winter, it's so much warmer than New York.
6. Tea isn't so much iced as it is sweet.
7. More people watch Nascar.
8. Sometimes you have company on the back nine.
9. We speak differently.
10. There's these things called grits.
11. Hip hop is dirtier.
12. During presidential elections, this part of the country tends to be a different color.
13. Football (high school, college, and professional) is a big deal.
14. In at least one city, beads tend to be more important than in New York.
15. You have to go (slightly) farther to get to the nearest Starbucks.
16. Cow tipping? It's a thing.
17. The water tastes a little…different.
18. Not many places are open 24/7.
19. People kind of freak out when it snows.
20. But most importantly: Southern hospitality is a real and beautiful thing.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!