8 Fun Super Bowl Bets -- If You Don't Care About The Game
From the Puppy Bowl to the postgame show and everything in between!
About 100 million people will tune in for Sunday's Super Bowl pitting surefire Hall of Famer Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers against reigning Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs, but a sizable subset of that audience won't care who hoists the Lombardi Trophy after the game.
The good news for those people is there's no shortage of ways to make it entertaining. Here are eight fun ways to get some skin in the game, even if you don't care about the game itself:
1. Who will win the Puppy Bowl?
Team Ruff is the odds-on favorite to prevail over Team Fluff. When the Puppy Bowl airs Sunday at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT on Discovery+ and Animal Planet, we'll find out which side is more bark than bite.
2. How long will Jazmine Sullivan and Eric Church take to sing the national anthem?
The over/under is set at 1 minute, 58 1/2 seconds. Time will tell (literally) which side proves to be right.
3. Coin toss: Heads or tails?
To quote Marshall Eriksen from How I Met Your Mother: "It's almost usually heads!"
4. What song will The Weeknd perform first during the halftime show?
"Blinding Lights" is the betting favorite, but from "Save Your Tears" and "Pray for Me" to "Starboy" or a potential wild card, it's anyone's game.
5. How many times will Gisele be shown?
The odds imply a 2 in 3 chance she'll be shown at least twice. CBS wouldn't show her fewer times than that...would they?
6. Will a fan run onto the field during the game?
This one's a long shot. The real question is: If a fan does run onto the field, will they bring their green hat?
7. What color Gatorade will be poured on the winning coach?
Orange is the betting favorite, but there's truly a full spectrum of possible outcomes.
8. Will a player propose to his girlfriend on the field after the game?
Probably not. But if you bet "No" and we do see a postgame proposal, it's difficult to imagine a more heartwarming way to lose a bet.