18 Gorgeous Pictures That Remind Us The Days Are Getting Longer And Lighter
Spring is coming.
Here's the shortlist for the 2015 Velux Lovers of Light photography competition, along with a selection of other sigh-inducing entries. Remember: The sun is coming.
1. "Perton Ridge Sunset", Perton Ridge, UK, by Graham Colling
"I drove down to this location after noticing the mist swirling in the street at 5:15am ... One of the glories of mist is when it is lit up by the low sun, giving a diffuse glow to the sky." – Graham Colling
2. "Contemplation", Iceland, by Vincent Moschetti
3. "Tulip Farmer", Skagit Valley, Washington, USA, by Alex Levine
4. "Lewis Black House", Lewis, Scotland, by Eve8
5. "Frozen", UK, by Stuart Hingley (left), and "Drawn", Scotland, by Ford Buchanan (right)
6. "Light Dancing", USA, by Toni Haddad
7. "Durdle Door Starburst", Durdle Door, Dorset, by Ollie Taylor
8. "Bus Challenge No 46!", Bathampton, UK, by Katrina Ellison
9. "By the dawn when it breathes!", Turkey, by Himtox
Here are other entries that didn't make the shortlist, but still take our breath away.