11 Pictures Of Upside-Down Faces That Look Totally And Utterly Alien
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
1. Cape Town-based photographer Anelia Loubser has taken a series of intense portrait photos with a twist.
2. These may look like contorted faces from another planet, but they're all perfectly human.
3. Loubser was inspired by this quote from motivational speaker Wayne Dyer: "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
4. She wanted to play with perception, she told BuzzFeed, adding: "Everybody has beauty, it’s just how you choose to see it."
Wrinkles and lines is what makes these faces so brilliant. I photographed people from different ages, but older people worked best for these photos. The more lines and wrinkles on the forehead, the easier it is to see an alienated face.
6. "There is definitely a disconcerting beauty in my portraits."
I got so involved in this project, there were times that I was up all night because I got so excited to see what the next face would look like. There were some faces that freaked me out, and there were others that told a powerful story. But I fell in love with all them.