Yes, You Totally Can Make Homemade Potato Chips In The Microwave
All the flavor of homemade kettle chips and none of the accidentally-covering-my-entire-kitchen-in-grease nonsense.
Easy Microwave Potato Chips
Here's a video showing you how to make them:
1 russet potato
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt, to taste
1. On a cutting board, slice the potato into ⅛-inch slices.
2. Dry the potato slices with a paper towel until there is no more moisture.
3. Transfer the sliced potatoes to a bowl and coat in olive oil.
4. Wipe down a large flat microwavable-safe plate with olive oil to prevent the chips from sticking.
5. Place the chips on the plate in an even layer and sprinkle with salt.
6. Microwave the chips on high for 6-7 minutes or until the chips just start to brown. When the chips develop some color remove them from the microwave and slowly peel from the plate. If chips are sticking, they can also be flipped halfway through!
7. Repeat this process until all the potato slices are cooked.