4. Egg, Kale, and Bean Stew
Egg - tick. Kale - tick. Bean - tick. Absurdly delicious-looking photo - tick. It’s fairly common knowledge that eggs are high in protein (13g per 100g), but when you combine this with the beans (22g per 100g) and the kale (4.3g per 100g), it puts this meal up there with some of the meatiest dishes in terms of protein content. View the full recipe here.
6. Cream of Red Lentil Soup
Lentils are another perfect source of protein for non-meat eaters. There’s loads of different types of lentils and they’re very versatile ingredients. This one’s great to warm you up through those cold winter nights. View the full recipe here.
7. Thai Massaman Curry with Sweet Potatoes and Tofu
Without doubt, this is my favourite dish of all time. During my travels across Thailand, I virtually lived off of these. With nuts and tofu making up the base of this dish, you’re going to get a ton of protein from it. Plus, it’s delicious. View the full recipe here.
8. Lemon Potato & Edamame Salad
If you’re not sure what edamame are, they’re essentially soybeans full of deliciousness. They’re higher in protein than tofu, lentils and quinoa (per serving) and also contain a ton of healthy fats, which is always helpful. View the full recipe here.
9. Warm Millet with Broccoli & Walnut
Millet is fairly similar to cous cous or quinoa, so if you like either of those, it’s likely that you’ll like millet as well. It’s packed with protein (1 serving = 6g of protein) and is cheap and easy to cook with. What more could you want? View the full recipe here.
10. Seitan Stuffed with Walnuts, Dried Cranberries and Mushrooms
Possibly the best source of protein outside of meat, seitan is a versatile ingredient made from wheat gluten. It’s simple to make and can be formed into tons of different recipes. View the full recipe here.
13. Corn and Quinoa Chowder
Corn is another one of those vegetables that you don’t realise how much protein is within it. It’s nearly 20% protein (9g per 100g) and combined with the quinoa in this dish, which is around 14g per 100g, it makes it the perfect veggie dish. View the full recipe here.
- Eleven U.S. states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- President Obama will become the first sitting U.S. president to visit Hiroshima since the atomic bomb was dropped there 71 years ago.
- Good news, Canadians: If you buy medical marijuana legally, you can now get same-day delivery right to your door in Toronto and Calgary 🍁