5. Giving/getting directions is always an adventure.
“OK, you wanna go mauka, and when you get to the third mango tree make a left, you’ll see one waterfall on your right hand side, just keep going. When you get to the menehune at the U-turn, he’ll ask you three questions…”
10. When you haven’t been to the beach since yesterday…
11. …and then can’t decide which beach to go to.
OK, fine, take it back… We got 99 problems and a beach ain’t one.
15. It can be off the air everywhere else, but here every week is “Shark Week.”
16. When you have to call these guys for something…
26. When Obama won the presidency, you had to force yourself to be happy for someone from Punahou for the first time ever.
It was a struggle.
27. You’re not sure who to trust: Dan Cooke or Guy Hagi?
Not that it really matters…
It’s not like the weather ever really changes anyway.
31. This question on Yahoo! Answers.
And let’s not forget the classics like, “Do you still live in grass shacks?” and “What about electricity?”
FUN FACT: ʻIolani Palace had electricity and telephones before the White House did!
Also, yes, you can use U.S. currency here, and no, you don’t need your U.S. passport and power adaptors when you visit.
And for the last time…
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Should opioid users who've repeatedly overdosed be forced to get drug treatment? Some politicians say yes.
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭