5. Giving/getting directions is always an adventure.
“OK, you wanna go mauka, and when you get to the third mango tree make a left, you’ll see one waterfall on your right hand side, just keep going. When you get to the menehune at the U-turn, he’ll ask you three questions…”
10. When you haven’t been to the beach since yesterday…
11. …and then can’t decide which beach to go to.
OK, fine, take it back… We got 99 problems and a beach ain’t one.
15. It can be off the air everywhere else, but here every week is “Shark Week.”
16. When you have to call these guys for something…
26. When Obama won the presidency, you had to force yourself to be happy for someone from Punahou for the first time ever.
It was a struggle.
27. You’re not sure who to trust: Dan Cooke or Guy Hagi?
Not that it really matters…
It’s not like the weather ever really changes anyway.
31. This question on Yahoo! Answers.
And let’s not forget the classics like, “Do you still live in grass shacks?” and “What about electricity?”
FUN FACT: ʻIolani Palace had electricity and telephones before the White House did!
Also, yes, you can use U.S. currency here, and no, you don’t need your U.S. passport and power adaptors when you visit.
And for the last time…
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, the same gathering he skipped last year amid tensions with organizers.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳