At this point in the game, a tablet is a tablet is a tablet. The scale of the differences between them is small, and it gets smaller all the time. Some are more expensive; some have better software. But if I were going to tell somebody else which tablet to buy, this is roughly the order I’d consider them in for 99 percent of all human beings.
2. iPad (4th generation)
Are you a particular kind of person, the kind of person who thinks they will “create content” on a tablet? iPad Big.
3. Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 (Tie)
Tiebreaker: Are you over the age of thirty six? Kindle Fire HD 7.
3. Nexus 7 (Tie)
Tiebreaker: Do you have a smartphone? Do you know how to use it? Nexus 7.
(You could also probably just stop here.)
4. Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Are you over the age of thirty six? And blind? Kindle Fire HD 8.9.
6. Microsoft Surface
Do you believe in miracles and appreciate innovations in typing? Would you like to bet $600 on that belief? Microsoft Surface.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by the standards of Education Secretaries.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.