At this point in the game, a tablet is a tablet is a tablet. The scale of the differences between them is small, and it gets smaller all the time. Some are more expensive; some have better software. But if I were going to tell somebody else which tablet to buy, this is roughly the order I’d consider them in for 99 percent of all human beings.
2. iPad (4th generation)
Are you a particular kind of person, the kind of person who thinks they will “create content” on a tablet? iPad Big.
3. Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 (Tie)
Tiebreaker: Are you over the age of thirty six? Kindle Fire HD 7.
3. Nexus 7 (Tie)
Tiebreaker: Do you have a smartphone? Do you know how to use it? Nexus 7.
(You could also probably just stop here.)
4. Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Are you over the age of thirty six? And blind? Kindle Fire HD 8.9.
6. Microsoft Surface
Do you believe in miracles and appreciate innovations in typing? Would you like to bet $600 on that belief? Microsoft Surface.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- This girl totally trolled Donald Trump's son by getting a photo with him in a "Latina Against Trump" shirt — in Spanish 😬
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- Round of applause: This teen got a standing ovation for her high school presentation on white privilege.