OK. So the Herndon Climb is an annual tradition at the Annapolis Naval Academy in which the freshmen class, aka “plebes,” climb a lard-covered monument to retrieve the Plebe ‘dixie cup’ hat and replace it with an upperclassmen’s hat, thus graduating into the ranks above freshmen.
But mostly, it’s about a bunch of people with really nice shirtless looking things happening climbing a big wet greasy pole. AN AMERICAN TRADITION.
20. And, for good measure, a few pics from last year’s glorious climb:
GOD BLESS THESE BEAUTIFUL HUMANS AND ALL THEY DO.
- US Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- A top Democrat said there's "more than circumstantial evidence" that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia during the election.
- London police say eight arrests were made in connection to the Parliament attack. At least three people died and 29 others were injured.
- A 4-month-old golden retriever named after Joe Biden got to meet and even lick the former vice president at the Capitol today 🐶❤️