Yeast breads can be intimidating, but they’re friggen amazing.
Keep in mind these basic tips:
Temperature is everything!
When starting a yeast dough, your water needs to be between 105 and 115 degrees fahrenheit to activate the yeast. Also, make sure to use room temp ingredients, and always run eggs under warm water before using them in a dough.
Follow recipes closely
Baking is science, and with yeast breads you need to be especially careful about measuring and following instructions.
Use the correct type of yeast
Yes, there is a difference between dry active and rapid rise.
3. 1. Fresh soft pretzels that will ruin you for their frozen cousins
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- "Stealthing," or purposefully removing a condom during sex without consent, has become a new trend — victims say it is another form of assault.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔