People become obsessed with pumpkins in October. But pumpkins aren't the only orange fruit in town.
The benefits of cooking with cantaloupe are numerous. First and foremost, removing the seeds is just plain easy...
Total cantaloupe prep time... Under two minutes
1. And something magical happens when you cook it. Take this basic roasted cantaloupe for instance
2. Pile roasted cantaloupe on greek yogurt
3. Or toss it with roasted corn and sage, along with balsamic vinegar
4. Roasted cantaloupe is also great in potato salad
5. Or blended and frozen into creamy ice pops
6. Got time for roasted cantaloupe lemon and thyme cookies?
7. Triple cantaloupe cupcakes
8. Speaking of cakes, don't afraid to be bunt
9. Or go nuts with this coconut cream cantaloupe cake
10. Impress your friends with a cantaloupe risotto
11. One bite of this cantaloupe cream pie will have you saying, "pumpkin who?"
12. You'll never look at a lemon the same way after trying a cantaloupe meringue pie
13. Cantaloupe is great in a bisque
14. Or in a chilled soup with ginger yogurt and a pomegranate swirl
15. Pair cantaloupe with pears
16. Divine cantaloupe cookies with a lime drizzle
17. Slice me a piece of that cantaloupe bread baby!
18. How about cantaloupe and basil shaved ice?
19. Grill cantaloupe and pair it with any number of items. Like shrimp scampi...
20. Or pork and strawberries
21. Or short ribs
22. Grilled cantaloup is also good with just a drizzle of honey and goat cheese
23. Or just paired with a scoop of ice cream
24. Grilled cantaloupe skewers with mint is a refreshing appetizer
25. You could cook down your cantaloupe and create a creamy pasta sauce
26. Cantaloupe scones much?
27. No need for The Captain with this cantaloupe crunch
28. You can even make all natural treats for your dog with cantaloupe, honey, and oats
29. And don't throw away your cantaloupe seeds, you can roast them too!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!