39 Things To Buy Since You're Officially An Adult
Being responsible isn't so bad. 😅
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A moisture meter for mastering your plant-watering schedule so you don't drown your baby or leave it thirsty. Peak plant parent levels will be achieved here. PEAK!
2. And! Miracle-Gro indoor plant food spikes that'll turn you into a green thumb–holding plant whisperer. Just pop these sticks into the soil of your hungry plants and watch them flourish!
3. A golden sloth hook so you can store your keys in a designated, easy-to-spot place and skip over that panic-filled morning search just before you have to leave out. Part of growing up is learning to be prepared, boo. You got this!
4. A Burst Oral Care electric toothbrush to give your teeth a grown-up (healthy!) glow-up. With this, you won't have to plug in to charge everyday because it'll hold power for a whole MONTH???
5. Self-adhesive marble film to give your bathroom or kitchen counters a chic upgrade that'll be easy to remove when your lease ends. BC yea, at this age, we DEFLEE care about getting every cent of our security deposit back.
6. Headrest hooks that'll ensure your purse and other bags stay put as you (whoops!) speed your way to those gotta-be-there-soon places.
7. A Book of the Month subscription for anyone who always means to hop back into leisure reading, but life's other responsibilities keep getting in the way of library or bookstore trips.
8. OR! Scoop books from Bookshop since a percentage of your purchase will go toward helping local bookstores thrive in business. Getting your read on AND helping the greater good is most def adulting goals.
9. A record player to give your space an old-school feel. Haha, now it's ~your~ turn to start your Saturday mornings with a cleaning spree and old-school cuts, so why not do it with this gadget?
10. Luv Scrub mesh body exfoliators that'll serve as a more sanitary version of those bacteria magnets — oops, I mean loofahs. Wet or dry, it can be used to cleanse, exfoliate, and remove ingrown hairs.
11. A car trunk organizer to keep your whip nice and orderly. (Psst. Here's your reminder to actually be a responsible grown-up and stock up the trunk with practical things you may need in a pinch.)
12. Also — a heavy-duty car trash bag so your car can stop resembling the messy room you kept in grade school when you still lived with your parents.
13. A comfy temperature-regulating blanket to snuggle in the same muslin material that infants sleep in! Because who said you can't sleep like a baby just bc you're a grown-up? Sweet, cozy dreams, my friends! 🛌🏿👶🏿
14. A portable canvas cup holder that'll prevent you from spilling your latte everywhere like you do all too often while on the go. Yup. Time to depart from those childish ways, my friend 🥴😭.
15. A Layla Sleep Kapok Pillow to lay your head on something super-duper soft and cushy. It'll also help prevent overheating — all thanks the breathable material made with performance copper fibers.
16. Avarelle acne-absorbing patches — a godsend for anyone who thought aging out of their teens meant the end of breakouts then, boom, adult acne crashed the party. These'll suck the gunk out so they're not around so long.
17. Jeffrey Campbell Hurricane waterproof boots so when it rains, you can slip into these cuties and won't compromise your outfit with those ugly rubber clunkers. Yep, this is the grown-up way to splash in puddles when it pours.
18. A deep-pocket sheet set now that you've moved on up from twin-size dorm beds to a frame and mattress big enough to lay in starfish position. This way, you won't have to worry about a corner or two popping up while you sleep.
19. A two-sided tea stand to organize your packets since your party days are dwindling and you're downing more tea and fewer shots. The stand will hold 100 tea bags and features 12 slots.
20. A dishwasher magnet so you can take charge of the "Are they clean or are they not?" conversation in your household and prevent dirty dishes from making their way back into your cabinets.
21. House slippers, because age will sure tell ya that walking around the house on just your feet is a no-go. The balls of your feet are over you, so start giving 'em some cushy TLC, OK?
22. A handmade eyeglasses holder because you've been doing the I-can't-find-my-glasses routine for way too long. Now that you're all growed up, time to minimize all that by perching them on this polished wooden sniffer.
23. A hanger stacker that'll turn laundry day into such a quick breeze. Washing clothes is easy. It's the pile of unsorted clean clothes living as your bedmate for three days that needs addressing.
24. A moon lamp in case one of the things you'll never outgrow no matter how old you get is a night-light. This one resembles an actual factual moon that'll give you the comforting room glow you love in a really cool, grown-up way.
25. A minimalist rug that'll not only add something pretty and neutral, but also satisfy your preference for as many things as possible in your house to be machine washable.
26. A tote and wristlet set now that you're not really up for switching bags every other day. Now you'll have two bags in one.
27. And! A bag-organizing insert so you can dig into your black hole of a purse without feeling like Mary Poppins.
28. A kitchen knife sharpener to refresh your dulling knives and do the most adult thing of adult things to do, which is to save money. Yayyy you!
29. Cerave eye cream because, yup, you shoulda been giving the sensitive area around your eyes extra TLC. The older you get, the more sensitive that area will become, so jump on it. The cream'll moisturize as well as minimize wrinkles, dullness, and dark circles.
30. The Always Pan because yeah, those old, burnt-out pans from college are no longer gonna cut it anymore. Plus, once you enjoy all its features, it'll prob be the one you'll reach for on the regular.
31. A Home Chef subscription for times when you feel like a Rugrat and are too inundated with ~sponserberleries~ to do much grocery shopping.
32. Porter bowls to carry your lunch around in something way more chic and mature-looking than mismatched plastic bowls or grade school–looking lunchboxes.
33. Light-dimming stickers that'll prevent the blinking lights on all of your electronics from keeping you awake at night now that you're committed to getting every single drop of sleep you deserve.
34. A satin pillowcase set that'll zhuzh up your bedroom decor by day and help minimize hair breakage and dryness as you sleep on it by night.
35. Reusable grocery bags because you're too old to not contribute to saving our planet. Your new, less plastic-dependent life is about to be fab, OK?
36. And! A reusable washable sponge that according to reviewers, you'll be able to actually put in the washing machine and keep around for a long, long time. Look at you, being all grown and into reusable everythang!
37. Schick Silk Touch-Up Dermaplaning Tools because now you're old enough (and patient enough) to take a blade to your face ~without~ the outcome being the scene of a horror movie.
38. Divider sticky notes to help you better organize the thoughts you jot down in your journal, planner, or diary. You could also use them to take notes and bookmark pages in textbooks without damaging the books.
39. Adidas Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoes that are wildly comfortable for working out and wearing all the way to the event before switching into your heels at the very last possible minute. Yeah, you're that age and so am I.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.