We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Makeup is friggin' awesome, exciting, and all those good things baby.
1. Too Faced Hangover 3-In-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray so you'll have one hydrating product that'll take care of three different needs in your makeup routine. The spray works as a face primer, setting spray, and as a makeup refresher throughout the day.
2. A Vivienne Sabó Cabaret Première mascara designed to lengthen your lashes AND curl them! You can nix your lash curler ~and~ the need to learn how to apply lashes!
3. Burt's Bees Sensitive Makeup Wipes because if you're gonna start wearing makeup, then you need to know the end-of-day rules: Don't sleep in your makeup! You should wipe it off before bed. These cotton wipes are gentle on skin and made with aloe extract to calm and soothe your face.
4. An E.l.f Cosmetics Blush palette in a cream or powder finish that'll instantly bring more life to your face without you having to contour, highlight, or bronze a THING. The palettes come in two options — light or deep — to suit a variety of skin tones and each palette has four shades to mix, match, and layer.
5. Eyeshadow patches to put underneath your eyelids and prevent fall out from ruining your foundation. You could also use these to get a smooth winged eyeliner look or on your lips to make sure your lipstick and/or lip liner has perfect lines.
6. Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder to give your face a matte finish after applying your makeup. This'll also make a great alternative if you don't like spritzing yourself in the face with setting spray.
7. A MakeUp Eraser cloth that you can take off your products, throw in the washer, and reuse. One side of this cloth has short microfibers meant to remove 100% of your makeup with only water. The other side has long fibers to exfoliate your skin.
8. NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray that'll help your makeup stay in place but will also ensure you keep that smooth matte look for the entire day. This is a perfect choice for anyone with oily skin!
9. A drawstring makeup pouch to keep all your products together on the go while saving space. When you want to dig around for any specific thing, you can open it up and lay it flat to put your eyeballs on whatever you need. The pouch features a zipped storage pocket, an elastic brush holder, and a convenient handle upturned edges to prevent your makeup from rolling onto the floor.
10. A NYX Concealer Color Correcting Palette to help you literally cover up any kind of discoloration! The palette features six shades which are light and medium (to camouflage spots that aren't too dark), yellow and peach (to conceal dullness and dark circles), green (to cover redness), and purple and pink (to brighten). These concealers are creamy and will also hydrate your skin.
11. A dual-ended eyeliner stamp because cheating your way to a FLAWLESS winged eyeliner look is honestly goals. No seriously, you're gonna save so much time. It has a wing stamp on one end and a traditional felt tip on the other. No more trial, error, and smudging away product since you can get it right on the first try with this stamp.
12. A Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit that'll come with lip liner and lipstick so you don't have to do the work of piecing those two products together on your own. The lip liner is also, of course, the perfect way to make sure you don't color outside of the lines with your lipstick.
13. An acrylic desktop organizer now that you're DEF going to need because once you start collecting makeup, it's going to be so fun (and look so pretty displayed in your house) that you're going to be shameless about NEVER wanting to stop.
14. The Anastasia Beverly Hills x Jackie Aina Palette to help you kick off your relationship with eyeshadow in the most pigmented way possible! This palette comes with 14 shades ranging from neutral mattes to eye-popping metallics. You'll also get a dual-ended brush for applying the shades on the go with ease.
15. OR, E.l.f. Cosmetics Beautifully Bare Smooth Matte Liquid Eyeshadow that'll take all of the work out of applying a little color to your eyes. You won't need a brush or concealer to clean up the edges since this stick shadow's doe-foot applicator will help you quickly swipe on a smooth liquid eye look. Yup, this definitely needs to be incorporated into your running-late-but-gotta-be-glam routine.
16. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer that you can wear alone as a gloss or a topper for your lipstick. I own and love the Fenty Glow shade because it's non-sticky and actually keeps my lips moisturized for longer than any other lip gloss I've tried. If you're just getting started in this makeup game and not ~quite~ ready for lipstick, then you won't go wrong with having this super flattering gloss in your bag.
17. A crystal makeup brush holder that'll bring the razzle-dazzle to your brush collection. By the way, reviewers used it to hold way more than just makeup brushes. This multipurpose container can work as a flower vase, a pencil holder, or a toothbrush cup!
18. Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint for anyone who wants to blur imperfections with a light layer without going for a full face of makeup. It's meant to even out discoloration and give you a dewy, skin-like finish. Mmhmm. Your no-makeup makeup game is about to be super popping and you don't have to touch any foundation.
19. An Ecotools Retractable Face Brush that'll let you blend your foundation LIKE A DREAM. I've been using this brush for years and it's super soft yet super effective. The brush is so plush that I also use it to buff my concealer in the same way that you might use a beauty sponge and it gives me the same results. Its retractable design and removable top make it the PERFECT travel companion since you can stick it in your bag without worrying about stuff getting on your brush or your brush getting makeup all on the inside of the bag.
20. Schick Silk Touch-Up Dermaplaning Tools to shape your brows perfectly so you spend less time trying to create a shape with a brow pencil. These dermaplaning tools will also remove peach fuzz so your face will be a smoother canvas for your makeup!
21. CeraVe Eye Repair Cream that'll keep the sensitive area around your eyes moisturized while smoothing and brightening dark circles. Giving your eye area extra TLC is a MUST now that you're planning to wear shadows, glitters, and concealers on/near your eyes.
22. Avarelle Acne Absorbing Cover Hydrocolloid Patches to treat acne spots and redness overnight by decreasing their size so your skin is a smoother canvas for makeup.
23. Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel for a beginner who knows they wanna do something with their brows but isn't exactly ready to do any full-out sculpting. This gel will clean up your brows with only one or two swipes and hold them in place ALL day.
24. A Beakey Makeup Brush Set that includes 10 brushes, one beauty sponge, and one brush cleaner egg set to help you apply all your makeup smoothly and easily from wherever you are!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.