1. Everyone was shocked and horrified when images of children being abused in detention centres were uncovered last week, which led to a royal commission into the NT juvenile justice system.
2. It all started going wrong when the government booted its party leader, Terry Mills, when he wasn't even in the country.
3. Former deputy chief minister and treasurer Dave Tollner resigned from the ministry in disgrace in 2014 after calling a gay staffer a "pillow biter" and a "shirt lifter".
4. But that's not all. Earlier that year, Tollner was also engaged in a war of words with Indigenous members of the CLP after it was revealed he called two women "lubras" (a derogatory word meaning "black dirty women") at a Christmas function.
5. In 2015, attorney general John Elferink drew national condemnation for telling a female Labor member he was "tempted to give her a slap right now" during a parliamentary debate.
6. Nine women staged a powerful press conference outside the parliament and called for Elferink's resignation. Dave Tollner dismissed it, saying he would have told the female MLAs to "toughen up princess".
7. The CLP nearly completely split apart during a crisis surrounding tourism minister Matt Conlan in 2014. Conlan allegedly called colleague Alison Anderson a "fucking cunt" during a party meeting. He later resigned and will not re-contest the election.
8. Also that year, Country Liberal member for Arnhem, Larisa Lee, was involved in a family sex scandal that spilled out into public. Lee avoided jail after pleading guilty in court to physically assaulting her niece who had slept with her partner.
9. Earlier that year, Lee caused the evacuation of a Darwin hotel after trying to re-heat a loaf of garlic bread in a microwave. The hotel was filled with smoke and Lee paid $2,000 in damages.
10. Lee, Alison Anderson, and Francis Xavier Kurrupuwu also walked out on the government in 2014 after claims of racism within the Country Liberal Party.
11. The three "bush MLAs" then sensationally joined the Palmer United party. But the party's presence in NT politics lasted less than seven months. Lee and Anderson quit and became independents, while Kurrupuwu went back to the CLP.
12. In 2015, dumped health minister Robyn Lambley quit the Country Liberal Party entirely, warning women against joining what she called a "boy's club".
13. Two months earlier, Lambley was part of a disastrous midnight coup against chief minister Adam Giles.
14. The former chief minister Terry Mills was then sacked from his role as NT commissioner to Indonesia after he retweeted a photo of himself laughing at Adam Giles' expense during the failed party coup.
15. Giles raised eyebrows in Canberra when he announced that a Chinese company was being granted a 99-year lease to the Darwin port, adding that xenophobia (or fear of foreigners) was "part of the Australian spirit".
16. Oh, and then there was controversial court magistrate Peter Maley. In 2014, Maley resigned just 11 months after being appointed to the bench after allegations that he'd offered a formal client access to secret government documents in return for a $10,000 donation to the CLP.
17. And the government reached peak absurdity when sports minister Nathan Barrett was caught sending videos of himself masturbating to a woman. He resigned, but defended himself by arguing "it was a Sunday", not a working day.
Mark Di Stefano is a media and politics reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Mark Di Stefano at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.