1. Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes.
2. We have the nation's first shopping mall (Southdale) and also the biggest (the Mall of America.)
3. Dreaming of a White Christmas?
4. Superbowl LII is coming to Minneapolis in 2018!
5. Minnesota became the 12th state to enact the freedom to marry for all families.
6. Post-it notes were invented by 3M, a Minnesota company (by accident).
7. Established in Minnesota 150 years ago, the Mayo Clinic may be on the verge of curing cancer.
8. Minnesota is the 3rd-healthiest state...
9. Minnesota is ranked third among the happiest states.
10. We're ranked in the top-10 states for smarts.
11. Because college is affordable.
12. We have the 5th fastest growing economy in the U.S.
13. The minimum wage in Minnesota is now among the highest in the nation.
14. We turned a $6 billion dollar deficit into a $1.2 billion dollar surplus!
15. The first Target store opened its doors in Roseville, Minn. in 1962.
16. Our state parks rule.
17. Bob Dylan was born in Minnesota. So was Prince.
18. Garrison Keillor: Minnesota's favorite son.
19. That cake you're craving? You have Betty Crocker and Pillsbury to thank - both Minnesotans.
20. All the best breakfast cereals are from General Mills.
21. High schoolers around the country read The Great Gatsby every year....
22. The Coen Brothers: Minnesota natives.
23. Butter Sculptures and the State Fair.
24. Minnesota is home to the BIGGEST BALL OF TWINE in the world!
26. And finally, there's no place like home (Minnesota).
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!