3. And then brilliantly paired said fries with mayonnaise.
7. But Belgium isn’t just great at coming up with delicious food, it’s also great at pretty much everything. Case in point: Tintin is Belgian.
8. And so are the Smurfs!
10. They also gave us Magritte and his surrealism.
11. Jean-Claude Van Damme and another type of surrealism.
12. Jacques Brel, one of the greatest French-speaking singers of all-time, was Belgian and sang beautifully about Brussels.
If you can watch him sing and not smile uncontrollably, something is wrong with you and you should probably see someone about it.
13. And today, the amazing Stromae has taken over.
14. Belgium is also home to gorgeous cities, such as Brussels…
17. Or Ghent.
19. A genius sense of humour.
20. A gift for resilience.
People leave tributes at the Place de la Bourse following the attacks on March 22 in Brussels.
21. And a powerful sense of solidarity.
Thanks for making the world a better place, Belgium. We’re thinking of you!
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎