3. And then brilliantly paired said fries with mayonnaise.
7. But Belgium isn’t just great at coming up with delicious food, it’s also great at pretty much everything. Case in point: Tintin is Belgian.
8. And so are the Smurfs!
10. They also gave us Magritte and his surrealism.
11. Jean-Claude Van Damme and another type of surrealism.
12. Jacques Brel, one of the greatest French-speaking singers of all-time, was Belgian and sang beautifully about Brussels.
If you can watch him sing and not smile uncontrollably, something is wrong with you and you should probably see someone about it.
13. And today, the amazing Stromae has taken over.
14. Belgium is also home to gorgeous cities, such as Brussels…
17. Or Ghent.
19. A genius sense of humour.
20. A gift for resilience.
People leave tributes at the Place de la Bourse following the attacks on March 22 in Brussels.
21. And a powerful sense of solidarity.
Thanks for making the world a better place, Belgium. We’re thinking of you!
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪