2. The obsession with icy-cold water.
No matter the season, American restaurants seem set on serving only icy-cold water. My American friends told me that’s because it’s “more refreshing,” but who would want a brain freeze in December??
8. The feeling that the consumer is truly king.
A really refreshing and nice feeling when you come from a country where the consumer is pretty much always in the wrong. Wanna return something you bought in France? It’s probably not gonna happen, and they don’t care if the pants they sold you had a hole at the crotch; you should have looked closer.
18. Prices being advertised before tax.
And feeling cheated when you receive the check. (I know this doesn’t happen in every state, but still.)
22. People drinking their coffee while walking.
Coffee should be sipped on while sitting at a terrasse.
23. The price of French cheeses at the supermarket.
Cheese should never be this expensive.
24. Being able to pay with your card without entering a code, just by signing a piece of paper.
That doesn’t seem super safe to me.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an 8th continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- A Texas girl celebrated her 6th birthday with an absolutely amazing Selena-themed party 🎤🌹