We asked the BuzzFeed Community to send us their best everyday cooking tips for the kitchen. Here are what they tried and loved:
1. For the perfect ready-to-use recipe starters, freeze fresh herbs with some olive oil.
2. To prevent melted chocolate from clumping or burning, melt butter first, remove the pan from the heat — and then add chocolate chips.
3. Spread butter under the skin of your turkey to make it super brown and crispy.
4. Crack an egg into your mashed potatoes, when they're almost ready, to make them extra creamy.
5. For super juicy chicken breasts, quickly brine them before you cook them. All you need is water, salt, and 15 minutes.
6. Roll cookie dough between two sheets of plastic wrap before you chill it for easy cleanup.
7. For delicious vegan desserts, try using aquafaba (AKA chickpea water) as a substitute for cream or eggs.
8. Make peeling butternut squash less of a headache by microwaving the squash for a few minutes first.
9. Take your dish to the next level by finishing it off with a touch of acid.
10. Use ground coffee to enhance the flavor of chocolate cake.
11. Use broth instead of water to add flavor to your savory dishes.
12. Add mayo to your cake batters for a super moist cake. We swear, it works.
13. For the perfect sear, pat your meat dry with paper towel before cooking.
14. When baking a cheesecake, line your pan with foil for better heat distribution.
15. Freeze your ginger to make it easier to grate.
16. And use mayo instead of butter for your grilled cheese sandwiches. This will give you a super golden and crispy crust.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.