4. This is Cameroon’s 7th FIFA World Cup appearance.
They are the most selected African team in the history of the World Cup.
5. In 1990, they beat Argentina in the opening game and became the first African team to make it to the quarterfinals in a FIFA World Cup.
Legendary player Roger Milla was part of the team.
6. Today, their team is not as great as it was back then, but it still has a lot to offer.
7. To begin with, they have Samuel Eto’o, one of the greatest players of his generation.
Eto’o now plays with Chelsea. When he was playing with Barcelona, he scored more than 100 goals in five seasons. In 2011, he was the World’s most expensive player.
9. Their coach is Volker Finke who was the coach of SC Freiburg during 16 years.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.