Right now if you look at what's happening in Pakistan, all you will see is a land divided due to political associations,sectarian violence, prejudices and unfairness. We are not the Pakistan Quaid e Azam had intended or hoped, that much is clear. But we aren't a lost cause either.
So , for the 67th year of Independence for this great nation, a few of us have joined together to write down 67 reasons why we love Pakistan and why we wont abandon it:
1. Because Ive spent 20 years of my life on this land and It's the only place I can call home.
2. Because where else will I get to find ‘Bhola Paan Shop’ and ‘Ahmad Bhale wala’ shops.
3. I love having a Green passport and would never give it up.
4. My grandparents migrated and suffered through the partition horrors to come here.
5. My identity begins with being a Pakistani.
6. I love my flag and what it represents.
7. We have so much to offer and so much to learn.
8. We have created and produced brilliant minds that are thriving everywhere.
9. Because we are a resilient nation.
10. Because I have been to beaches abroad but Karachi beach has its unique charm *(those forceful tides)
11. Because where ever in the world I go, I always crave my desi food.
12. Because Pakistan has the most friendly and hospitable people in the world.
13. Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy got us an Oscar.
14. Our mangoes are the best in the world.
15. The north has breathtaking sites that give an illusion of heaven.
16. Nusrat Fateh Ali had the ability to mesmerize people by his Qawalis who couldn’t even understand him
17. Mohsin Hamid’s “The Reluctant Fundamentalist” became an international best seller and is now a film.
18. Because Jinnah left no stone unturned to make it a possibility.
19. Because my national anthem gives me goose bumps and the Pakistani national anthem tune ranks first amongst all others
20. Because Pakistan enjoys cultural diversity.
21. Because Kashmir belongs to us.
22. Because Lahore Lahore hai
23. Because people here know what sacrifice is.
24. Because no matter how divided we get, cricket unites us.
25. Because Adbul Sattar Edhi belongs to this land.
26. Abdus Salam was an amazing physicist who brought home a Nobel Prize.
27. Because Abida Parveen has got her Sufi Swag.
28. Because I am a Punjabi and I love Sindhi ajrak.
29. Because we have amazing legacies like Faizaan Peerzada, son of Rafi Peer.
30. Because we have talented Pakistanis, like Mir Zafar Ali, who have gained recognition in Hollywood for their work.
31. Because FIFA 2014 wouldn’t have been possible without our Footballs.
32. Because wherever I go I am suspected as a terrorist, but i will change the course of my future.
33. Because Pakistani isn't equal to a terrorist.
34. There is no place else that has the best Nihari like Muhammadi Nihari.
35. Artists like Ismail Gulgee and Sadequain got international acclaim for their work in Art.
36. Because no one can party like we do at weddings.
37. Because of Zubaida Appa is the answer to all our cosmetic problems
38. We have one of the highest peaks in the world.
39. Because our land is studded by the beautiful Indus River and its 5 tributaries.
40. Because kheer, saiyvian, jalebi are the beginning of our mouthwatering desserts.
41. Our Ramadan brings forth pakoras and samosa craze.
42. Our Chaand Raats and Eid shopping are one of a kind!
43. Because of Murree’s chair lifts and cable cars.
44. Our architectural heritage is vast and beautiful.
45. Because we have a profound Mughal history in every corner of our country.
46. Because there is always willingness to break stereotypes when it comes to foreign people and representing Pakistan.
47. Because the patriotism and love of our people for this nation will never extinguish.
48. Because we have 100 year old schools that have produced literary geniuses.
49. Because we have produced great movies like Waar and Khuda Ke Lie.
50. Where else would you find a vast array of fairness enhancing creams and products.
51. Because we always try to disprove the wrong assumptions of Pakistan.
52. Because Humsafar has been immortalized in the hearts of Pakistani women.
53. Because our political dramas are never-ending.
54. Because we can see the lighter side of things and enjoy the news and the politics as entertainment sometimes.
55. Because we manage to unearth such personalities like Tahir Shah and Amir Liaqat.
56. Because Sultan Rahi’s Punjabi movies are hilarious and amazing.
57. We have all four seasons of the climate and its simply brilliant.
58. Because the work of legends like Faiz and Anwar maqsood will keep Urdu alive till the end of times.
59. Balochistan produces the best quality dry fruits and Punjab has the export quality fruits .
60. Even after years of retirement, Jehangir Khan is a prominent name in the world of Squash.
61. Pakistan has gems like Arfa Karim and Haris Suleman.
Haris Suleman: http://www.dawn.com/news/1122172