1. "Time" has not always existed.
2. Time on Earth is actually slowing down.
3. Dinosaurs had to fit a full day's work into just 23 hours.
4. Cultural background affects our perception of time.
5. Elevator design has a lot to do with how we process time.
6. When the second hand appears to take longer than a second to tick, your brain is to blame!
7. When it comes to choosing the fastest line, our instincts lead us astray.
8. Science shows FAIRNESS is key when it comes to wait tolerance.
9. Fairness may be important, but being lied to works best.
This is also why UNDERESTIMATING how long you'll make someone wait for you is not such a good idea.
10. We'd rather wait longer in one line than face the pressure to choose the "fastest" line.
11. Everyone says "time flies when you're having fun," but this may not be true!
12. Trying to regulate emotion stretches our perception of time.
13. The Soviet Union experimented with 5 and 6-day weeks between 1929 and 1931.
14. Time flies faster in the sky.
15. According to quantum theory, the shortest period of time that can exist is 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 second.
16. Like all good things, time will come to an end....maybe?
So carpe diem, everyone...
There is no time like the present.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!