1. Buy travel-size mascaras instead of full size to save money in the long run.
“Sephora usually carries travel-size versions of most popular mascaras for a fraction of the price, and I always get the same amount of use out of them before the three months are up when mascara goes bad and needs to be replaced.”
—Submitted by addeyt
Learn more about how long you should be keeping your beauty products here.
Find the mini size of cult favorite Benefit They’re Real Mascara here.
4. Use microfiber towels to clean excess powder off your brush.
“I just swirl them around the cloth gently and it catches all the powder, just as it would with dust. I only use it for dry makeup and not liquids or creams, and it works wonders.”
—Submitted by Mandy Dimitriou, Facebook
You can find this cute microfiber towel at Target.
8. If you have uneven skin on your face from scars, acne, or just large pores, apply makeup with a torn beauty sponge.
“Rip a makeup sponge in half with your hands so that it is not smooth on one side. Use the uneven side to put on foundation. The texture of the ripped sponge helps the makeup fill grooves in your face for a more even look.”
—Submitted by ashleyb45512dc8c
10. Use brown napkins as blotting papers when you’re on the go.
“Do not wipe, but simply spot-touch with the napkin; you will not have to apply more powder to get rid of the shine. Put those extra Chipotle napkins to good use!”
—Submitted by kiaford
15. Reduce foot odor by soaking feet in tea.
—Submitted by DianaMiller.
16. If you accidentally get mascara on your face, let it dry before you try to remove it with a Q-tip.
“That way it will just flake off and won’t smudge and make the problem worse!”
—Submitted by brooker426c4dbb0
17. Instead of drawing on winged eyeliner, use your eyeliner pen as a stamp.
“Lay the tip of your liner pen kind of flat against your lid and “stamp” it on in sections. Then turn the pen in the other direction (with the pointy tip toward your temples) and stamp it again. Viola! Winged eyeliner!”
—Submitted by lindsayb47bd21cbc
Get all the steps on The Glossy.
18. When applying fake eyelashes, look down at a mirror under your chin.
“Put a compact or handheld mirror down flat below your chin. Look down at the mirror but keep your head facing forward, then apply the lashes. This helps you get closer to your natural lash line and less obvious you’re wearing falsies.”
—Submitted by shannonb4efe92872
Check out a full video of this technique here.
21. For the perfect cat eye, start from your bottom lash to make the wing.
—Submitted by beauh452df7ccc.
22. Lick the rim of a cup before taking a sip to prevent leaving a lipstick print.
“The biggest issue I encounter when wearing lipstick is it all rubbing off when drinking from a glass. If you lick the glass before taking a sip you won’t have this issue.”
—Submitted by Hannah Withers (Facebook)
23. Use more hair dye to remove dye stains on your scalp.
“Use some of the leftover hair dye on a cotton pad to rub off the stain. It sounds counterintuitive, but it works as the new dye on the pad sticks to and lifts off the stain from the skin.”
—Submitted by Sophie La Ghash (Facebook)
24. Rinse hair with carbonated water to reduce frizz.
—Submitted by Hayley Serres (Facebook)
Find out more here.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.
- After the health care fail, it's unclear if Republicans and Trump will find consensus on other big ticket items.
- A viral Instagram post falsely claimed 14 black girls went missing over 24 hours in Washington, DC, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Now lawmakers are taking action.
- Apple says a hacking group that's threatening to wipe hundreds of millions of iPhones has not breached its iCloud system 📱
- Hi Stranger: A bizarre short film featuring a naked mumbling figurine is making everyone on the internet uncomfortable 🙃