1. “What are your thoughts on pasta puns? Do you think they’re saucy or do you think that they lack a bit of meat?”
“My current boyfriend and I met on Tinder, and his first message to me was, ‘Hey quick question for you. What are your thoughts on pasta puns? Do you think they’re saucy or do you think that they lack a bit of meat?’ We ended up conversing only in pasta puns for about an hour. We’ve been dating for 6 months now, so there’s your successful Tinder story!”
Submitted by samk61.
4. “Chemistry? I could help with that.”
“Upon hearing that I was struggling in my very basic GenEd Chemistry class, he said, ‘Chemistry? I could help with that.’ Hook, line, and sinker. Not only did he help me pass the class… I married him. Chemistry!”
Submitted by Kimberly Turner Jensen (Facebook).
6. “Hey, do you mind if I interview you for a school assignment?”
“I really did have an important project and I interviewed him on public school education laws. I guess it worked because we’re married now. :)”
Submitted by Samantha Sali (Facebook).
7. “My now husband (we’re both dudes) tried to make a lame joke about us both having ‘Joseph’ in both our names.”
“I laughed because I was trying to be polite, but it was totally lame. Two years of dating and eight months of marriage later I still laugh at all his dumb jokes.”
Submitted by Joe Rimmele-Fulton (Facebook).
8. “Hey! You dropped your name tag!”
“While working as a server at a restaurant, one of the line cooks said ‘Hey! You dropped your name tag!’ and handed me a packet of sugar. We have been dating for two and a half years.”
Submitted by Jessica Lendi Dickson (Facebook).
12. “I told a known musician he did a great set.”
13. “You have beautiful eyes, I have beautiful eyes. Together, our children will have beautiful eyes.”
“My friend’s mom was at a dive bar in Delaware. A guy came up to her and said, ‘You have beautiful eyes, I have beautiful eyes. Together, our children will have beautiful eyes.’ They are now married—and yep, you guessed it. Both of their daughters have beautiful eyes.”
Submitted by magz410.
14. “If you could marry anyone on Game of Thrones, who would it be?”
“This guy messaged me on Tinder asking, ‘If you could marry anyone on Game of Thrones, who would it be?’ We haven’t stopped talking since and we are now an official couple.”
Submitted by brittanyt4661fa348.
15. “What flavour Chupa Chup lolly is that?”
17. “I need help finding something….”
“The day I met my now fiancé, I was working at Forever 21 & he’s walking by the store & sees me, he comes running up to me & says ‘I need help finding something’ & me trying to be professional I said ‘Sure! What can I help you find today?’ & he said ‘Your phone number.’ It worked. :)”
Submitted by Denisse Marie Reyes (Facebook).
18. ‘Do you have a sober ride home? I could drive you and make sure you get home safe if you would like.’
“My now fiancé and some of our friends were behind me in line at a bar when I was closing out my tab. I was obviously a little tipsy and accidentally wrote what I wanted to tip in the total line. He said, ‘Do you have a sober ride home? I could drive you and make sure you get home safe if you would like.’ We (always) had a DD, so I didn’t need a ride, but I definitely gave him my phone number and the rest is history.”
Submitted by Rachel Anderson (Facebook).
19. “You have gorgeous blue eyes!”
“A man in a bar told me, ‘You have gorgeous blue eyes!’ I said ‘Uhhh, thanks? But [they’re] green so….’ followed by a wave of awkward silence. And we’ve been together for over 10 years now. :)”
Submitted by Kacey McGrath (Facebook).
20. “Excuse me, but could you fill out this survey for me?”
“Once, a guy that I kind of knew through a friend Instagram direct messaged me a picture of a blank contact (like where you would enter in the name and phone number) and said ‘Excuse me, but could you fill out this survey for me?’ And I was like okay heck yeah you’re awesome and I want to date you right now please.”
Submitted by claireb424854df2.
21. “Wanna play doctor?”
“A friend of mine is an ER nurse. One day they brought in a biker guy, badly messed up after a highway mishap. And when she was trolleying him in to the operation room he opened one eye, saw her, and whispered, ‘Wanna play doctor?’ ”
Submitted by filipj.
22. “If you want your pencil case back, text this number…”
“My husband and I met 10 years ago in college; he got my number by hiding my pencil case in the library and left a random note saying, ‘if you want your pencil case back, text this number…’ I got my pencil case and he got a wife.”
Submitted by emmabread.
23. “Wow! Your eyes are so gorgeous!”
“A reverse accidental pickup line: My fiancé said ‘Wow! Your eyes are so gorgeous!’ and I replied (rather deadpan, because I was in a horrible mood). ‘Thanks. I grew them myself.’ He hasn’t left my side ever since.”
Submitted by Elizabeth Whitlock (Facebook).
- Jury deadlocked in trial of Michael Slager, former South Carolina police officer charged with murder in fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The US Commission on Civil Rights will visit the campsite where people have protested the Dakota Access Pipeline for months.
- Donald Trump and his supporters have filed lawsuits to stop Jill Stein's vote recount in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿