2. Don't have a nice light fixture over your dining room table? Hang two strands of globe lights low over your eating space for statement lighting at a fraction of the price.
5. Create custom light-up clouds for dramatic indoor weather with paper lanterns, batting (AKA stuffing), and string lights.
6. Pin a rope light to your wall and spell out your favorite word as a reminder to chill the eff out.
7. Wrap the leaves of a large plant with golden fairy lights for some added warmth to your greenery.
8. Use lights specifically designed for bottles (complete with a glowing cork); they're perfect for empty liquor or wine bottles.
9. Intertwine lights with several feet of rope for a more low-key and rustic vibe that doesn't look like it belongs in a dorm room.
Jennifer Hagler of AMM blog / Via amerrymishapblog.com