1. Peeniss (Peeta Mellark/Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games)
The alternative is Katpee. Seriously, Katniss/Peeta shippers. Do you want your OTP to sound like the male appendage or, well… cat pee?
2. Cherik (Charles Xavier/Erik Lehnsherr, X-Men)
OK, so we all love Professor X and Magneto. Alone, together, whatever. What we don’t love is the ship name Cherik. You’re probably a smart bunch, X-Men fans. Try again?
3. Thilbo (Thorin Oakenshield/Bilbo Baggins, The Hobbit)
Someone tell me why this name even exists in a world where Bagginshield is a (strange but) far less awful alternative. ^Even Bilbo is baffled.
4. Thorki (Thor/Loki, Thor, The Avengers)
First of all, you’re shipping two brothers. I don’t care that they’re not biologically related, they grew up together as brothers. Second of all, your ship name sounds like a disease. Nothing about this ship is right. Thor/Loki BrOTP 5eva!
5. Sherlolly (Sherlock Holmes/Molly Hooper, Sherlock)
This one sounds like a slobbering dog. Sherly you can do better, Sherlock fans. Hooplock? No? OK, I tried. Beats Sherlolly, anyway.
6. Lestrolly (Greg Lestrade/Molly Hooper, Sherlock)
The ship is cute. But the name has the word “troll” in it. What more can I say? Just when you thought there couldn’t be any ship names in the Sherlock fandom worse than Sherlolly.
7. Stucky (Steve Rogers/Bucky Barnes, Captain America)
This one’s currently such a popular ship that even finding a picture that wasn’t fan made slash on the internet was a challenge. However, the name just desecrates this beautiful relationship/friendship/whatever you want it to be. Go for WinterShield. WinterCap. WinterStar. Anything. Just NOT Stucky.
8. Grocket (Groot/Rocket Raccoon, Guardians of the Galaxy)
Yep, it’s already happening. People are shipping a humanoid tree and a talking raccoon. And not platonically. #Grocket is already a thing on Tumblr. In this case, though, the ship itself is more horrifying than the name.
There are tons of other terrible ship names on the internet. Are there any you’ve seen that cannot be unseen?
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳