1. Jonathan Nafarrete, @jonathan360
Jonathan’s Instagram captures the energy of LA perfectly. The sun, the surf, the food. He uses his account to document the small every day things that make the city so special.
2. Rick Poon, @rick_poon
Rick Poon is a professional photographer who uses his Instagram to document where he goes and what he eats. It’s a great account to follow if you’re interested in learning more about the food culture in LA. Poon geotags every photo so he makes it easy to keep track of yummy dishes around the city (and elsewhere in the world).
3. Ed Droste, @edroste
Ed Droste’s night time gig is being the lead singer in Grizzly Bear — pretty cool, huh? This means that his Instagram is filled with lots of goodies as he travels the world. But when he’s home in LA his photos are particularly beautiful.
4. Matt Allard, @lifeserial
Matt may be an author and creative copywriter but his Instagram is so good it seems like it may be time to change mediums.
5. Jeremiah Gallagher, @jeremiahgallagher
Jeremiah takes all of his photos on his iPhone which just proves how far cameras on phones have come. Unreal.
6. Amy Merrick, @amy_merrick
Florist Amy Merrick recently moved from NYC to LA which is great because her photos will probably get more captivating as the warm weather seeps in. The only thing more beautiful than her ethereal photos are her stunning bouquets.
7. Slater Trout, @slatertrout
You may already know this cutie because he’s dating Alec Baldwin’s daughter, Ireland. However, Slater has a lot going on in his own world. The 6’ 3” blondie is a competitive paddle boarder and moves between LA and Hawaii.
8. Nicole Elise, @nicoleelise03
Words aren’t really needed to describe Nicole’s lush, minimalist work — it kind of speaks for itself. And it’s awesome.
9. Sarah Sherman Samuel, @sarahshermansamuel
Sarah is a designer, stylist, and photographer, so her Instagram is a mix of photoshoots, her travels in California, food, and things she has designed. It’s a true gem.
10. Natalie James, @njinla
Natalie James is a food and travel blogger. Her Instagram is straight up dangerous if you’re hungry but it’s so beautiful it’s worth it.
11. Benjamin Heath, @benjaminheath
Benjamin Heath is a photographer based in LA but is often on the move. His portraits are beautiful but it’s his landscapes that will get you truly hooked.
12. Bobby Solomon, @thefoxisblack
Bobby Solomon is the editor-in-chief of creative inspiration blog The Fox Is Black and founder of Los Angeles, I’m Yours, a design, lifestyle, and culture website. He sees art everywhere he goes.
13. Jonpaul Douglass, @jonpauldouglass
Jonpaul’s Instagram is great for three reasons: The first is that his photos of Los Angeles are amazing. The second is that he has an adorable pug named Stella who he features heavily. The third is that he’s currently working on a project called “#pizzainthewild” where he takes photos of pizza — SURPRISE! — in the wild. It’s kooky and weird and fantastic.
14. Kimberly Genevieve, @kimgenevieve
Kimberly is a photographer who merges “the California’s sun-kissed surfer aesthetic with chic urban fashion influences.” She says that she “pulls inspiration from bright colors, everyday life, and the sunset strip.”
15. Los Angeles County Museum of Art , @lacma
Love art but don’t live in LA? The LACMA is the perfect Instagram account to follow. They post photos of exhibits at the museum so you don’t have to miss out.
16. Lauren Randolph, @laurenlemon
Lauren’s Instagram features a perfect mix of portrait and landscape photography. Her images are so clear and beautiful you’ll start to feel that LA light surround you.
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.