1. Manhattanhenge was *supposed* to happen last night.
It’s when the sun lines up perfectly with the NYC grid and you can see it ALL THE WAY DOWN ONE STREET!!!
2. It’s usually such a beautiful thing.
3. And Sarah Jessica Parker was ready for it.
“Patiently awaiting Manhattan henge 2014 #cantbelieveigotthekidstobedintime.”
4. But it was too cloudy last night. The sky was just ordinary.
“A piece of plain old ordinary sky poking through under the standard hotel. Ah well, the walk was nice. #nowondernooneelsewasout”
7. What were her options?
8. How could this happen?
9. I couldn’t help but wonder…was any of it really fair?
10. People tweeted their empathy.
11. It was hard to believe anyone could continue on, but they did.
12. And then a miracle (science) happened. MANHATTANHENGE WOULD BE BACK TONIGHT!
13. And Sarah Jessica was reborn again.
14. Sometimes, everything works out just right.
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- We found about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯