After learning that Elizabeth “Mimi” Haist was homeless, Zach Galifianakis became even cooler than he already was by getting her an apartment and paying her rent. Not only that but he takes her out for dinners and brings her to movie premieres as his date. +1,000 for Zach.
From The Daily News:
The generous star struck up such a close bond with the 87-year-old laundry worker that he decided to get her a cozy apartment and pay her rent when he found out she was homeless two years ago.
Haist told the Daily News she will be Galifianakis’s date for the Monday premiere of the new “Hangover” film in Los Angeles.
“I’m looking forward to it, I like the excitement of it,” said Haist, who’s gone to premieres with Galifianakis before.
“If he’s in town, he takes me. Otherwise he lets me take a friend. I dress up nice and a friend helps me with my makeup. It’s fun, not something I’ve ever dreamed I’d experience. The limo takes me home afterwards,” said Haist.
6. And this is her being adorable during an interview at the laundromat that she works out.
7. Here are the two of them arriving to The Hangover 2 premiere:
8. BRAVO ZACH!
9. And <3 you Mimi.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Trump's presidency.
- Barack Obama defended his legacy and vowed to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake" during his final press conference.
- Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue will be nominated as Trump's secretary of agriculture, the final cabinet position to be selected.
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺