15. A Twitter parody account was made too:
just passed by a mirror and HOLY COW HOW CUTE AM I— Ikea Monkey
way overdressed for this animal shelter— Ikea Monkey
update: there’s a cat giving me weird looks… what do I do— Ikea Monkey
update III: made friends with a schnoodle, planning a long con to get out of this joint— Ikea Monkey
update II: other animals still very confused— Ikea Monkey
ahhh it’s been such a wild ride being a part of the ZEITGEIST today u know #stillrelevant #socialmedia— Ikea Monkey
22. But we can never forget the monkey that burst into our hearts and made us love tiny shearling coats again.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.