1. When you tell people where you're from, they never know where it actually is.
2. As a result, you've developed a shorthand to explain the exact location.
4. Basically, if someone isn't from a neighbouring county, you know they're going to have no idea what you're talking about.
5. There might be a flag of the county, but you probably couldn't recognise it if there was.
6. You don't even get cool, unique foods, like Yorkshire puddings or Cornish pasties.
You have to make do with something really minor, like a sauce or a mildly altered meat.