1. They created the entire ‘Scrumpy & Western’ music genre.
3. They had a number one with “Combine Harvester” in 1976.
Now the West Country National Anthem.
4. The track used the phrase “I drove my tractor through your haystack last night,” which is the clearly the best sex euphemism.
If you’re not using it, you’re doing it wrong.
5. They followed it up with “I Am A Cider Drinker,” which got to Number 3.
This a very recent performance of it for a London radio station.
6. They’ve been playing since 1967, giving them a longevity bettered by very few bands.
Only the Rolling Stones, The Hollies, and Golden Earring can really claim a longer continuous history.
7. They also produced the definitive cover of Oasis’s “Don’t Look Back In Anger.”
10. Fans produce many excellent tributes to them.
12. They do gigs for charity as well.
15. Glastonbury has seen them play on numerous occasions.
This is them playing in 2008.
17. They’re such an incredible band, they even have tribute acts.
This is The Mangled Wurzels.