31 Things From Wayfair That’ll Help Even The Messiest Home Feel More Spacious And Organized
A place for everything, and everything in its place – with ~style~.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A velvet storage ottoman with cute little hairpin legs you’ll never stop finding uses for. It’s seating! It’s a footrest! It’s a side table! And, of course, it’s a place to stash those odds and ends floating around the room that you just want to get out sight!
2. A pair of rattan belly baskets that’ll provide handy yet beautiful storage for everything from blankets to magazines. Decluttering goes a long, long way towards opening up a space – and sometimes, getting it done is as easy as tossing a few loose items into an aesthetically pleasing basket.
3. A reconfigurable desktop organizer so you can keep your office essentials nearby and neatly placed. This handy organizer is actually made of two interlocking pieces you can arrange in tons of different ways, making it functional for a huge variety of spaces – including almost no space.
4. A compact computer desk with built-in cable management, because nothing helps your workspace feel cleaner than making sure it’s not littered with wires. There’s a small cutout at the back of the desktop you can feed all your cables through; then, just flip down the little cover and voila! No more visible cables running every which way.
5. Or, a lift-top coffee table that can convert into a laptop desk if space is at a premium in your home. By doing double-duty, this mid-century-modern-meets-rustic-cottagecore piece lets you cut down on the amount of furniture clogging up your home.
6. A brightly-colored, four-tier utility cart you can use to store just about anything, and also make it ~cute~ at the same time. This metal cart has wheels for easy movement, although you can also park it and put on the brakes – literally – if you don’t want it go anywhere.
7. A wall-mounted mail and key organizer so you can keep all your must-haves right by the door – including, yes, mail and keys, but also extra masks, lip balm, hand sanitizer, your sunglasses, your mild sense of panic as you venture out into the world for the first time in eight million years... you know. Regular stuff.
8. A chic velvet sectional with a reversible chaise that’ll never stop amazing you with its versatility. You can position the chaise on either end; it’s a sleeper sofa, so you can put up guests on it; AND, if you open the chaise up, you’ll find a delightful surprise: Hidden storage space that’s perfect for blankets, coffee table books, your rapidly growing jigsaw puzzle collection (#quarantinehobbies), and more.
9. A wall-mounted, 30-jar spice rack, because you've been bonked on the head by tiny, jar-shaped projectiles after opening up an overstuffed cabinet one too many times.
10. A rolling kitchen cart so you can beef up your storage space and your prep space, all in one go. This piece has a pine wood frame equipped with two shelves (one of which can be used as a wine rack!), a storage basket, and a drawer, along with a stainless steel countertop – and it’s got a compact footprint, making it perfect for small kitchens.
11. A set of five canvas drawer organizers, because taming your exploding drawers will make you feel so accomplished. This set includes three rectangular inserts and two square ones, making it easy to compartmentalize socks, sweaters, you name it.
12. A hanging jewelry organizer so you can finally get rid of all those random trays full of tangled necklaces and earrings you’ve got sitting on every surface of your room.
13. Or, a free-standing, full-length mirror that opens up to reveal ~secret storage~ for all your jewels. Mirrors can help make spaces look bigger – and so does keeping your clutter under control. This handy, lockable storage solution does both. Also, you can pretend you're an infamous international jewel thief every time you crack it open.
14. A pair of seagrass baskets with wooden handles, so you can keep all your countertop bathroom items in one place. If you have tons of lotions and potions littering the area around your sink, chuck ‘em all in these suckers to give your vanity an instant glow-up.
15. A velvet-upholstered platform storage bed with a tufted headboard that’ll transform your plain ol’ bedroom into the luxe sleeping quarters of your actual dreams. Plus, thanks to the two drawers that pull out from the foot of this low-profile piece, you’ll add some additional storage space while handily maximizing the square footage in your room.
16. A set of 50 slim velvet hangers with so much space-saving power, you can be sure that all your clothes will actually fit inside your closet – no more leaving them draped across all your furniture due to lack of space!
17. A unique wall-mounted coat rack that’s both practical and museum-worthy. The hooks flip up into the piece when they’re not in use, making the whole thing look more like modern art than a simple place to hang your (literal) hat.
18. A set of nine – count ‘em! – woven fabric baskets in various sizes, so your shelves can be both organized and pretty. As a bonus, they nest together, so stashing them when you’re not using them is a breeze.
19. A bar-height dining table with built-in shelving, because every little bit of storage helps when you’re trying to give your home the illusion of more space. This rubberwood piece can seat four people comfortably, or as many as six if you're willing to pack it in a bit – and grabbing another bottle of wine for the table is as simple as reaching down right below you.
20. A pair of under-shelf baskets that’ll expand your kitchen storage options without cluttering up your countertops. Reviewers use these wire metal baskets to stash everything from plates and food storage container lids to snacks and boxes of tea.
21. A multi-tiered bamboo plant stand, so you make sure all of your green babies can get the sunlight they need to thrive – without taking up every surface in your home.
22. A free-standing bathroom storage cabinet, because keeping all your towels and toiletries in order doesn’t have to take up a ton of space. The airy, open shelves up top let you keep your most-used items in an easily accessible place, while the cabinet below provides a handy spot to stash bath sheets, wash cloths, extra toilet paper, and more.
23. A three-tiered overdoor hanging organizer, so you can make the most of the underutilized space behind any door.
24. A sleek, two-drawer filing cabinet that’ll make sorting and securing your most important documents a breeze. With lockable drawers and wheels on each corner, this white metal filer combines form and function in the best way possible.
25. A wall-mounted ladder bookcase, because there’s a reason open shelving is so popular: It opens up your space in a way that heavy, closed bookcases do not. This six-tier pick, which can hold up to 55 pounds on each shelf, has a streamlined profile that hugs the wall to give your surroundings an even airier feel.
26. A storage bench that’ll do wonders for your entryway. First, it gives you a comfy place to put your shoes on and take them off whenever you leave or get home (cushions are included!); and second, it’s got both space to store those shoes and a flip-top compartment underneath the seat to hold even more stuff.
27. A trio of wall-mounted metal baskets, so you can turn the contents of your fruit bowl into edible wall art. The set includes small basket, a medium one, and a large one, plus all the hardware you’ll need for easy installation.
28. A glam glass end table that’ll fill your living room with light – and I mean that literally, because every ounce of light the space gets will flow right through this pick. Plus, the storage shelf down below has a mirrored surface, so it can both hold your favorite coffee table books and help bounce even more light around your place. Talk about lighting up your life!
29. Or, an end table with industrial appeal that comes equipped with a cloth sling to stash your magazines, your tablet, the book you’re currently reading, and more. With a slim profile that’ll fit right into narrow space and a sturdy metal frame, this pick is ready to act as your living room’s handiest hold-all.
30. A modern dresser in a bold color, so your wardrobe can live in something other than a floordrobe. With a total of seven drawers – four large ones and three smaller ones – this pick has plenty of space for your clothes… or just about anything else you’d like to store in it. Some reviewers have even used it as a media console or dining room sideboard.
31. And a folding bamboo laundry hamper, because getting your dirty clothes off the floor and into some kind of basket can be the dividing line between a disaster zone and a dreamy hideaway.
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.