1. He is, as Lupin would describe Lily Evans, "uncommonly kind."
2. He was the only member of the Order always willing to give the underdog a chance.
3. He can voice disapproval with the mere action of raising his eyebrows.
4. He once successfully shut Peeves up by launching a wad of chewing gum up his nose.
5. Remus is incredibly instrumental to the plot of the books, especially in relation to Sirius Black.
6. His reluctance to tell Dumbledore that Sirius was an unregistered Animagi with experience of breaking in and out of the castle could have led to disastrous consequences.
7. And if Lupin hadn't patiently taught Harry how to cast a Patronus Charm, both Harry and Sirius would have died at the end of his third year.
8. He is the voice of reason, particularly within his group of friends.
9. And he has a very wise, rational, perceptive input on events.
10. But even though he is the most grounded and serious, his insults are also unexpectedly brilliant.
11. And he's anything but a passive bystander.
12. Lupin also has the most tragic plot arc, losing his four best friends in one night.
13. He spent 12 years completely alone, hiding his condition of lycanthropy from the entire Wizarding World, and coming to terms with the fact the only other remaining Marauder was a traitor.
14. And two years after he got his friend Sirius back, he lost him again to the Killing Curse, but made Harry his priority.
15. He loved his wife deeply, even though his crippling self-doubt almost tore apart his marriage.
16. He wasn't perfect. He had his faults.
17. But JK Rowling loved him, and so did we.
18. Because he always did the right thing in the end.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!