1. Why didn’t Binx ever contact his parents after becoming a cat?
Given that Binx is only capable of meowing at the beginning of the movie, I have to assume his ability to vocalize human words was evolutionary, and that by the time he gained the ability, his parents were already dead.
2. Why didn’t the Sanderson Sisters simply put a spell on the Salem townsfolk?
They did place a spell on the townspeople when Bette Midler sang her fabulous rendition of “I Put a Spell on You”: they literally were vexed into dancing until they died, though, obviously, the spell was eventually broken when they were killed.
3. Or why not just turn everyone into a cat?
They never demonstrated that their magic worked on anyone but children, but if they turned everyone in town into a cat, they then wouldn’t have the ability to suck the souls out of children, as they’d be felines, and the townspeople would be able to disperse at a rapid rate, which would have been counterproductive to their primary goal.
7. Why did Winnie resurrect her ex-boyfriend?
She leaves the dirty work to her henchmen (her sisters primarily) and presents signs she’s a psychological projectionist, so it makes sense that she’d have summoned Billy rather than taking care of Max and the gang herself.
11. Where were all the babysitters?
All of the adults in town were at the Halloween dance, which rules out adult babysitters, meaning it’d have been other children babysitting, and the sisters entranced every child/teenager in town; thus, the babysitters would have been hypnotized as well.
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.