1. Because in the South, there's no need to drive down a highway for an hour if you fancy a swim in the sea. It's just everywhere.
2. Because you can feel free to dry your clean clothes outside.
3. Because pizza was invented in Naples.
4. Because of how beautiful Naples looks at night.
5. Because, while a coffee in Milan sets you back 2 euros, in Palermo you can pay as little as 80 cents.
6. Because "rain in the North and clear blue skies in the South" is what you're most likely to hear during an Italian weather forecast.
7. Because the South may not be as rich as the North, but it sure is ~richer~.
8. Because our villages look like this:
9. Because of this:
10. And because of these heaven-sent treats: