1. Mr. January – Rehan Jalali
It’s January! Time to tackle your (annual) New Year’s resolution to get in better shape. Stick this pic of former Mr. Texas, Rehan Jalili - now a personal trainer to the likes of Ben Affleck, Forest Whitaker, and Halle Berry – in front of your treadmill as a delicious incentive to get fit.
2. Mr. February – Mark Gonzales
February, the month of looove. Set the mood and woo your beloved with gorgeous poetry from HBO Def Jam poet and inspirational speaker, Mark Gonzales, waging beauty wherever he goes.
3. Mr. March - Hasan Minhaj
Welcome spring with uproarious laughter courtesy of funnyman Hasan Minhaj. This up and coming comedian is the host of “Stand Up Planet”, and starred in the latest season of “Arrested Development” and MTV’s “Failosophy”.
4. Mr. April – Ibrahim Abdul-Matin
If it were up to Ibrahim Abdul-Matin, we’d celebrate Earth Day every day. This activist and author of Green Deen: What Islam Teaches About Protecting the Planet will inspire you to prioritize our planet and the human family. He’s making the planet hotter – in a good way.
5. Mr. May – Ahmed Shihab-Eldin
World Press Freedom Day on May 3rd honors freedom of expression, and the sacrifices journalists have made to attain and protect this freedom. Celebrate with Ahmed Shihab-Eldin, the host and producer of HuffPo Live, whose illustrious media career has included stints at The New York Times, PBS, and Al-Jazeera English. Freedom of expression never looked so good.
6. Mr. June – Michael Cirelli
School’s out! Celebrate with a rhyme from educator and poet, Michael Cirelli, the Executive Director of Urban Word NYC, which provides youth with a platform for creative writing and leadership.
8. Mr. August – Sal Khan
While everyone else is relaxing during summer vacation, get ahead with Sal Khan! The educator and entrepreneur’s Khan Academy website provides thousands of free instructional videos on subjects ranging from math to art history and has been lauded by everyone from Bill Gates to Forbes.
9. Mr. September – Husain Abdullah
Football season kicks off in September, so toss around the (proverbial) pigskin with Husain Abdullah. He took off the 2012 football season to travel to Mecca for the Hajj pilgrimage but showed in the current season that he’s back on the field, and ready to play.
10. Mr. October – Kareem Salama
Did you know October is National Country Music Month? Croon along with the first American Muslim country singer, Kareem Salama. His music is soulful and spiritual - the real deal. Ain’t no Halloween trick here!
11. Mr. November – Keith Ellison
It’s time for midterm elections and giving thanks. We’re grateful for Keith Ellison - the nation’s first Muslim Congressperson - and his fearless leadership and passionate commitment to justice for all Americans.
12. Mr. December – Reza Aslan
We end the year by commemorating Prophet Jesus’s birth. And who better to fill us in on the details of his life than writer and academic, Reza Aslan whose latest book, Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth, has topped bestseller lists since its debut.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The House voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Trump has a habit of taking credit for deals made under Obama. He just did it again with a Ford factory plan from 2015 🤔
- Bill O'Reilly apologized after making what some are calling an "openly racist" remark about Rep. Maxine Waters' hair.