6. If you do find a successful diet, you have to make sure you’re not losing weight too fast.
Losing more than a pound a week is often dangerous: there are serious health risks and complications that can arise. Plus, your body’s starvation response will eventually inhibit weight loss, so your crash diet isn’t sustainable in the long run.
8. But wait, it’s not all doom and gloom.
Just look at this fat cat. He seems pretty damn happy.
13. And find friends to exercise with.
If you make it a social activity, it won’t seem like such a chore. And sure, you’re more likely to lose weight that way, but what’s important is you’ll be more inclined to stick with it. While keeping the weight off doesn’t really matter, maintaining a healthy lifestyle does.
14. Don’t forget to enjoy life.
Make 2013 the year you don’t make an impossible resolution. Don’t obsess over the number on the scale. Don’t stress over your waist size. And don’t deny yourself dessert. Everything in moderation.
15. Seriously, don’t be afraid to splurge every once in a while.
Losing weight is satisfying, but nothing beats cake.