1. Behold, the opening credits to the Dutch remake of The Golden Girls:
Yes, this is real. There are actually several foreign versions of The Golden Girls, including in the U.K. (The Brighton Belles), Russia (Bolshie Devochki or Big Girls), and Greece (Chrysa Koritsia or Gold Girls). The Dutch version premiered just last fall in The Netherlands — yes, 27 years after the original series began.
The plotlines are essentially the same, as are all the characters, though the names have been changed. It’s fascinating to watch full episodes, even if you have no real idea what anyone is saying.
3. Here’s a full episode:
It’s the one where Blanche thinks she’s pregnant because she’s going through menopause. The subplot is the women raising minks — in this version, chickens. If you’re a fan of The Golden Girls, you’ll be surprised at how much you understand.
Thanks to Jake Fogelnest for the tip!
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯
- An admitted fraudster has access to Trump through his wife's job at Mar-a-Lago — and he's tried to use it to his advantage.
- Beginning in 2018, prescription drugs will be free for anyone under the age of 25 in Ontario, Canada, government says.
- President Trump can order himself a Coke with the simple push of a red button installed at his desk in the Oval Office 🔴