1. At long last, we’ve arrived at the marriage of King Joffrey Baratheon to Margaery Tyrell.
Yes, he’s a horrifying sadist and she’s way too good for him, but at least Sansa didn’t have to go through with this.
2. All hail Queen Margaery!
Less enthused about King Joffrey.
3. The celebration moves outside for revelry and dwarf fights.
Yes, Joffrey decides to reenact the recent wars with dwarves, thereby offending his Uncle Tyrion and Tyrion’s wife Sansa, whose ENTIRE FAMILY IS DEAD. (Or so she thinks.) It’s tacky and totally in character, but it really makes you want to strangle Joffrey.
4. Tensions flare between Joffrey and Tyrion.
And it’s obvious whose side we’re on. You know what Tyrion got Joffrey for his wedding? A really neat old book. You know what Joffrey did with it? CHOPPED IT INTO PIECES.
5. And just when you’re sure you can’t take another second of Joffrey’s bullshit… he starts choking.
6. Like, really choking.
Like, this is gross but I’m also kind of excited?
7. And then? JOFFREY. DIES.
Yes, after three seasons of wishing he would just go ahead and die already, Joffrey finally gives the fans what they want and croaks at his own wedding. WHAT IS IT WITH THIS SHOW AND WEDDINGS?!
8. And Tyrion is, naturally, the most likely suspect.
Sure, he gave him some wine, but did he really poison it? (If he did, BRAVO. Team Tyrion.)
9. R.I.P. Joffrey. You were a total tool.
10. Game of Thrones airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- President Trump laid out an ambitious agenda in his speech to Congress, but Republicans are still divided on how to pass that agenda.
- The FBI is investigating if bomb threats against Jewish centers came from an internet "troll" and are profiling a lone, young, tech-savvy person.
- Facebook is using artificial intelligence for suicide prevention, scanning feeds for signs of people at risk of self-harm, then offering resources for help.
- Uber's CEO said he's "seeking leadership help" after dash-cam footage was published of him aggressively arguing with a company driver 😳