1. There is a drawer of muppet features and it is magnificent.
2. Puppet building is very serious and hard work; we're not "playing with dolls" over here.
3. Speaking of blood, sweat, and tears: Injuries from power tools and razors are common place.
I currently have blood spots on both Elmo and Big Bird. Elmo from stabbing myself with a needle while trying to sew a cowboy hat to his head, and Big Bird from not carefully enough trimming his leg fleece.
4. Oscar the Grouch has a broken jaw, but we don't fix it because that's how the puppeteer likes it.
5. That same puppeteer, Caroll Spinney, is also the genius behind Big Bird.
Caroll Spinney (on the left) is magical and when you meet him you instantly want to hug him.