3. Stoli responded to the boycott in July.
Stoli’s CEO, Val Madeleev, wrote that Stoli fully supports the anger of the LGBT community in response to Russia’s anti-gay laws. The letter also pointed out that Stoli is not actually made in Russia, is not owned or supported by the Russian government, but is made with some Russian ingredients.
5. In addition, America Blog criticized the policy for not including protection for trans people.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the controversial Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines.
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.