3. Stoli responded to the boycott in July.
Stoli’s CEO, Val Madeleev, wrote that Stoli fully supports the anger of the LGBT community in response to Russia’s anti-gay laws. The letter also pointed out that Stoli is not actually made in Russia, is not owned or supported by the Russian government, but is made with some Russian ingredients.
5. In addition, America Blog criticized the policy for not including protection for trans people.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- Round of applause: This teen got a standing ovation for her high school presentation on white privilege.