10. “Top of the World”
While technically not in Saint Johnsbury, if you follow the off-roading trails, you will find this “mountain”. With amazing views, and a quiet top, it is the epitome of peace in Vermont. Explore a little bit and you will find a man and his dog’s grave.
9. Fairbanks Museum
While small, this museum boasts a lot of interesting taxidermy, including a polar bear.
8. Farmer’s Daughter Gift Barn
One of the more strange places in Saint Johnsbury, the Farmer’s Daughter Gift Barn attracts a lot of tourists.
7. Emerson Falls
This hidden gem is located on a back road leading out of Saint Johnsbury. Find it, and you will find a peaceful swimming hole full of waterfalls and rocky terrain.
6. Abandoned Factory
This Abandoned Factory has plenty of nooks and crannies to explore when going inside. While technically not open to the public, many have gone inside to explore. Inside you will find things such as a homeless person’s belongings (including a creepy doll set up), a noose, and plenty of bullet casings. It’s worth the effort it takes to make it in.
5. Bailiwicks on Mill Fine Restaurant Wine & Martini Bar
In the midst of a small town, there is a strangely nice resturant.
4. The Lookout
The Lookout is located off Mount Pleasant Street at the end of Country View Lane. Not every town is lucky enough to have a lookout, which makes it quite the gem (even with all the partying that goes on up there). For such a small place, it boasts a variety of views, from the hills to the highway.
3. St. Johnsbury Athenaeum
While this may just appear to be a plain library, the the St. Johnsbury Athenaeum boasts beautiful art and architecture.
2. Dog Chapel
The Dog Chapel is a place for dogs and their owners alike to celebrate their dog’s and previous dog’s life. They can take their dogs there to run around or just go in the chapel and remember their childhood friend.
1. The Seasonal Views
While the views can’t be considered a place, all of New England is known for its seasons and views. Saint Johnsbury is no exception.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺