1. The Beatles released their first album in 1963, and not long after, Beatlemania took over. Japan was no exception, as evidenced by this obscure but enthusiastic imitation band called the Tokyo Beatles.
2. Like The Beatles, the band emulated the signature British hairstyles. Costumes, however, were more makeshift.
4. It appears that the Tokyo Beatles’ Please Please Me had only four tracks:
1. I Want To Hold Your Hand
2. Please Please Me
3. Can’t Buy Me Love
4. Twist And Shout
5. Their covers were a mix of Japanese and English, with the verse mainly in Japanese and elements of the chorus in English.
6. Despite having a short career (they broke up in the mid-’60s), they captured audiences.
7. It was Beatlemania!
8. And they had that certain rock star thing going on.
9. Here you can listen to some samples of the Tokyo Beatles’ covers. Still catchy.
- Several people were stabbed during a white nationalist protest in Sacramento.