The 27 Ways To Type "Thanks," Defined
Here's what "thanxxxxxxx" really means.
1. Thanks = I may or may not be grateful to you but there's no need to go into it.
2. Thanks. = You're dead to me.
3. Thank you = I respect you.
4. Thanx = I don't really need to express gratitude right now, but I will since I am a nice person.
5. thanxxxx = I love you and appreciate everything you do.
6. thx = We cool.
7. kthanks = Sorry to bother you, disappearing now.
8. kthxbye = This is awkward.
9. Thanks! = I'm really trying to tell you I care in this day and age of heartless digital communication.
10. ty = I'm busy, but, you know, thanks.
11. tyvm = For when typing "thank you very much" will somehow make you seem soulless. Which it often does. Weirdly.
12. thanksssss = You're the best and you're a huge help.
13. thank youuuuuuuu = Sorry I am so annoying I hope you still like me.
14. thank ya = Kind of like giving a shout out and saying thanks.
15. thank ye = I speak the language of olden times.
16. thankie = I'm just naturally adorable.
17. gracias = I'm a cool guy and I thank you.
18. merci = I'm smart and cultured and I want you to know that. Also, thank you.
19. fanks = I'm trying super hard to make my awkwardness charming.
20. Thank yours = Nerdy inside joke for fans of You've Got Mail.
21. Cheers = I am British/an anglophile and more suave than you.
22. cool = A shitty offering of minimal thanks.
23. Thanks, lady = I love you like a sister.
24. tytyty = I'm busy, but I am no less enthusiastic about your help!
25. tanks = I just asked for something annoying, but I'm trying to be coy.
26. Thanks? = Why are you telling me this.
27. THANK YOU = OMG you just literally saved my life.