French comedian Olivier Giraud has a hilarious stand-up act called “How to Become Parisian in One Hour.” Because we all know Parisians have their quirks and strict social conventions.
If you’ve visited Paris, then you know that nothing can be more uncomfortable (for a tourist) than doing some simple shopping. Here’s why:
2. First, you want to get a grasp on that “je ne sais quoi” the French have when it comes to fashion. It’s really not that hard:
3. Wear black. Only black. Here’s the one exception:
4. When you go shopping in Paris — to H&M, say — the sales people aren’t so friendly. They hate all the customers. This is what they’re doing behind your back.
5. Don’t try to take any pictures in a store.
6. But, if you want to strike back. Just try on a shitton of clothes, and do this:
8. See Olivier Giraud’s entire bit about shopping in Paris here:
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Mexican music legend Juan Gabriel has died at 66. The singer was known for his mariachi tunes and ballads on love and heartbreak.
- Beyoncé slayed her "Lemonade" performance at the MTV VMAs Sunday night 👸🐝