5. The backstory: he died in an explosion.
So, sometime after his time in the army, Zeke lands a job cleaning toilets at Camp Anawana. He is especially well-equipped to do this job because he has no nose, and therefore cannot smell the horrid excrement of adolescent girls and boys.
One day while digging a hole (reason for which is unclear), Zeke hits a pipe. It is a gas pipe and because he cannot smell the gas, he makes a “big mistake” of lighting a match.
The question remains: Why did Zeke light the match? We’ll never know.
6. After the explosion, all that remained of Zeke was a piece of his upper lip and his plunger.
The plunger is now cursed and Zeke haunts anyone who touches it.
7. As a ghost, Zeke has some disturbing powers.
Like making a toilet appear in the middle of the bunk. Or it was there to begin with, which is even scarier.
8. The first person Zeke haunts is Michael, who asks who he is and then asks if he’s Zeke the Plumber. Zeke replies: “My friends call me Zeke.”
9. Yay! Zeke has friends!
10. Zeke is something of a gossip, so don’t tell him anything you don’t want broadcast to all of Camp Anawana.
Specifically, do not tell him that you still sleep with your stuffed elephant and that you suck your thumb. You stupid baby.
11. Well, except he can get inside your head by plunging it with his haunted plunger. Sooooo, you’re screwed either way.
12. Zeke also has some hearing and comprehension issues.
The second person Zeke haunts is Telly. He says he will grant her a wish and when Telly says she wants to be a professional ball player, Zeke takes her to a ball and traps her there. And calls her a “sissy girl.” That’s not very nice.
14. Zeke is short for Ezekiel.
And the meaning of this name, according to behindthename.com:
From the Hebrew name יְחֶזְקֵאל (Yechezqel) meaning “God strengthens”. Ezekiel is a major prophet of the Old Testament, the author of the Book of Ezekiel. He lived in Jerusalem until the Babylonian conquest and captivity of Israel, at which time he was taken to Babylon. The Book of Ezekiel describes his vivid symbolic visions that predict the restoration of the kingdom of Israel. As an English given name, Ezekiel has been used since the Protestant Reformation.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳