1. In 1993, five years before James Van Der Beek would become Dawson, he had a guest role as a hot drummer on Nickelodeon’s Clarissa Explains It All.
2. Clarissa and Sam are getting away with hosting a party and Clarissa has dressed as her alter ego, a Long Island rocker named JADE.
Jade comes over to Dawson after his performance. She’s impressed with his skills despite him looking “so straight.”
3. Early shades of Dawson: Here, James is tortured by another art. His music.
4. Clarissa/Jade REALLY tries to impress him with her badassery.
He actually seems more uncomfortable than impressed.
- At least six militants were killed and 13 hostages were rescued after police stormed a standoff at a restaurant in Bangladesh
- Votes are being counted after Australia went to the polls in an election that could mean big things for marriage equality and the Great Barrier Reef 🇦🇺
- The Obama administration, which has been notoriously secretive about its drone policy, said drone strikes have killed up to 116 civilians.